Students need to be well prepared for the school day. This means that every student needs to have a school bag and a pencil case with them each day.
Contents will vary but all students should have the following items:
Essential: Ruler, pens, pencils, eraser, sharpener, protractor and compass.
Useful: Highlighter, colouring pencils and calculator
We take great pride in the appearance of our students. We have high standards for all of our students. Our uniform enhances our students' sense of belonging and complements our high standards here at Lipson Co-operative Academy. Please find below an updated version of our expectations regarding uniform for the Summer Term 2019.
Students are expected to wear the Academy uniform as detailed here. This includes school tie, light blue shirt, grey jacket and grey trousers or skirt. Skirts must be of a woven fabric and not knitted (i.e. not a stretchy material). If you are concerned advice is available from our Student Services team or Heads of Year.
Plain black or brown footwear
No open toe sandals, crocs, flip flops, large heels or stilettos. Plain black or brown ankle height boots without coloured stitching or high heels are acceptable.
- Tights (if worn) should be plain black, navy blue or a plain neutral colour. Footless tights or leggings must not be worn. [Patterns such as lace, fishnet, glitter or additional colours are not permitted];
- There is an additional option to purchase an Academy jumper if you are concerned about feeling cold. 'Hoodies’ are not permitted within school.
- Students are also able to wear a coat which should be smart, warm and waterproof and should be removed in class.
- Students’ bag should be of the appropriate size to hold their equipment effectively.
- No hats or caps may be worn in school.
- Earrings should be studs and unobtrusive and if worn, students must be willing to remove them if required, as part of Technology or PE lessons.
- Discrete make-up and nail varnish
- No extreme hair styles or unnatural colours
Our current uniform supplier is Proserve. You can view and purchase all uniform items online using the link below.